Monday, 5 January 2015

December Favourites

This is a few days late as we're already into January, but still it's better than nothing.



This palette has been mentioned maybe a bit too much on my blog but MUA Eyeshadow Palette in Undressed is such a versatile palette; this month I have been enjoying Shade 3 all over my lid and Shade 9 on top, blended to look natural. Maybelline Great Lash and L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes have been my go-to mascaras this month. Million Lashes separates my lashes and lengthens them, whilst Great Lash thickens them. This combo looks oh so good with winged eyeliner and make my brown eyes pop.




The previous months I have been using my beauty blender combined with my foundation brush but I have altogether ditched those brushes and been using this alone for blending my foundation, concealer and colour correcting my skin (yes, it's that good!).


Sugar Berry Tinted Lip Treatment by Fresh and Lip Service Apricot Lip Scrub by Wilkos were both my saviours this month! The lip treatment hydrated my lips and helped them when they felt a bit sore, whilst the lip scrub was my rescue whenever I had dry lips as I do love a matte lip.


I usually keep away from bright or nude lips as I don't think they suit my skin tone, but I am officially converted! Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry is probably the lightest and 'brightest' colour I have ever worn. This is my sisters and I must buy own soon because it is such a beautiful colour. It's more a brown colour on her lips, so it came as a surprise when this was more of a pink colour on mine. It lasts 4 hours and stains your lips, so it does require only a few touch-ups. Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick in 1995 is such a gorgeous colour, which is sure to suit any skin tone. This is also my sisters and I'm planning on buying my own soon! The packaging is so beautiful but one thing that does deter me from using this a lot is the smell. It smells a bit like oranges but mixed with something; I find it quite unpleasant but the smell does go away once you apply it. It's super creamy and does not dry out your lips, as with the Revlon colorburst. The same can also be said for the Topshop Mini Lip Bullet in Get Me Bodied. I was slightly disappointed that this was a lot smaller than expected, especially since it costs £5 but still it was bought with a gift card so I can't really complain. This is such a gorgeous colour, but does feather out if applied without a lip liner. All three are super pigmented and really only need one swipe to get 'full coverage'.


I've recently started wearing lip liner as I've realised that they make your lipstick, especially dark lipstick, last a lot longer. I use Essence Lipliners in 15 Honey Berry, 05 Soft Berry and Miss Sporty Lipliner in 012 Wine. They are super pigmented, aside the latter which actually felt really harsh when 'colouring' in my lips. The first two are super creamy and glide on oh so well.

This month I have been listening to Uptown Funk // Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars has a Michael Jackson feel to it and is such a good song, any music-lover would definitely love this song. Why Worry // Set It Off is a song you can sing along to. It has a choir-esque sense to the chorus and has been lifting my moods recently; it's weird how a song you discovered by skipping channels has such an effect on you and your moods. 

Nazia xo

4 comments :

  1. Loved this post, you had so many favourites last month. I also love Uptown Funk too! xx

    www.emilysbeautythoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love and its such a good song right!xx

      Delete
  2. I love this post !! I have kind of brown asian (indian) skin colour, do you think the colours from the mua palette will suit my skin colour ? If so, do you know how much the palette is ? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I have brown asian skin too and would say this palette is perfect for me! It only costs £4 too x

      Delete