Saturday, 14 February 2015

Gerard Cosmetics 1995 Lipstick *REVIEW*

This is a post on another Gerard Cosmetics' lipstick. I reviewed Cherry Cordial here.

I have included a photo of the lipstick next to a MAC bullet and a Makeup Revolution Lip Geek Lipstick for comparison purposes. Gerard Cosmetics' one is slightly smaller than a MAC lipstick and about the same width as the Makeup Revolution one. Also, the metallic gold colour is soo beautiful!



This particular lipstick is one created by popular YouTuber Jaclyn Hill. Now, I don't watch her videos but my sister does and she is the one who introduced me to this lipstick. The formula is super matte and is so drying on my lips so I wear lipbalm underneath it, but since it is matte it lasts about 5-6 hours. The pigmentation is superb so only a swipe is needed for an opaque colour.

The colour is a mauve-y brown colour which would suit perhaps light to an olive complexion. Being a medium to dark complexion I do find it hard to make it suit myself so I wear this lipstick in combination with another one or just wear it as minimally I can. This lipstick is also a typical 'Kylie Jenner' lip colour.

One thing I don't like about this lipstick is the strong smell. It reminds me of orange chocolate which I despise. You can smell it once you apply the lipstick but it does fade after about 10 minutes.



Nazia xo

2 comments :

  1. Love the colour of this lipstick! x


    kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete