Sunday, 8 March 2015

The One | MAC Taupe Lipstick

mac taupe lipstick, mac taupe lipstick nc45, mac taupe lipstick dark skin, mac nude lipstick, mac lipstick, mac

I know I started off on a bad note on MAC lipsticks, hence my not-so-good review of their Rebel Lipstick (here), but this lipstick has totally converted me.

This was originally my sister's lipstick. She buys all nude lipsticks blindly but thankfully for her they suit her, until this one came along. She is a NC40 and MAC Taupe was wayy too dark for her and didn't suit her. I am around a NW35 I'd say and this lipstick suits my skin tone oh so good. 

Now, I'm not one for nude lipsticks but this lipstick is the only nude lipstick that actually suits my skintone. 

I'd say this is a slight-orange toned brown colour (perhaps this is why this works for me?). It is a matte colour yet feels super creamy on my lips for me. It does fade when I'm eating but it doesn't feel like anything is on my lips, as in it doesn't feel heavy or anything. 

I did wear this for 4 days in a row which I super regret now. Even though this feels super creamy on my lips, this dried my lips out soo bad afterwards. The following weekend the corner of my lips were extremely dry and it hurt when I talk. They also bled so it was hard for me to eat. It has been two weeks since I have worn this and my lips are still dry as anything even though I have been applying Carmex everyday since.

The colour is beautiful but I still don't think the after effects are that amazing to be quite frank.

Nazia xo

6 comments :

  1. I have this lipstick too and I love it! I don't usually wear nude lipsticks too much but this colour is just perfect! I'm glad you love it too! x

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This colour suits nearly all skin tones so its perfect for nearly most people, aha!xx

      Delete
  2. Love this shade! I NEED this! <3


    kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This colour is beautiful, you definitely do need this!xx

      Delete
  3. This lipstick has been on my wishlist for the longest time, it looks gorgeous!
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete